What is included in the rent?
The rent includes all bills including council tax, utilities, high-speed broadband and a weekly cleaner for the communal areas and communal bathrooms (you have to clean your own room and en-suite!). The washing machine and tumble dryers are extra and are on coin meters.
What furniture is in the room?
We provide a bed, mattress and mattress protector, wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside table or shelf unit. Most rooms also have a desk and chair.
Do you have Wifi?
Of course! We have high speed broadband because we know you can’t live without it! Many of the properties have wired cat6 internet connection for stable high speed links.
Do you take couples, can I share with a friend?
We have a very limited number of rooms that are suitable for couples (predominantly studios). We will always say on our advert if the room is suitable for a couple.
What type of housemates do we rent to?
- We rent to professionals male and female, but not to students or individuals on income support. Our housemate page provides more details.
- We try to map your age to those within each house so that housemates have the best chance of getting on, and also so you don’t feel like you are living with your mum or dad!
How long is the tenancy?
Our standard tenancy agreement is 6 months. We can sometimes accommodate short-term lets, subject to availability. However, our experience tells us that with a period of 6 months or longer, our housemates have a better chance of making lasting friendships and making the most of their shared living experience.
What if I leave early?
We require a months’ notice when you want to move out. If you leave within the first 6 months there is an extra 2-week payment to cover our additional costs of marketing etc.
How long do tenants normally stay?
Our average tenancy length is 9 months. But some houses have had tenants that have stayed in excess of 3 years.
What type of safety and security do the houses have?
- All our houses are safe and secure. All bedrooms have lockable doors. You only have one key which opens the front door and your room only.
- All rooms have fire doors and mains connected smoke alarms, CO2 alarms and heat alarms in the kitchens
- The houses have emergency lighting and exits signs on battery back-ups in case of a power failure.
- Boiler and Gas Safe certificate service are completed annually.
- Professional Fire Risk Assessments are carried out on all properties to ensure our properties comply with all current regulations.
What do I need to bring with me when I move in?
Everything is provided, all you need to bring is your bedding, pillows and personal belongings.
Do you increase the rent during your tenancy period?
We have the legal right to increase our rents annually, however, it is not our policy to increase any of our tenant’s rents while they are living with us.
What is the referencing process?
We use a professional Tenant Referencing Company to do all our referencing. This process only normally takes a few days, as long as the contacted referees respond in a timely manner. They will check you are in permanent employment, request a previous landlord reference and do a credit check.
What fees do we charge?
We charge no fees at check-in to reduce the cost to the tenant when they move in. However, we charge £90 at check-out.